The Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz Prayer Club

Monday, June 26, 2006

Awesome Photo!

Many thanks to Sparki at Fonticulus Fides for this awesome picture (obviously, click on it for the larger image):



Sparki explained to me the context of the picture:

"In the picture, he is celebrating Mass at Saint Patrick Church in McCool Junction, on Saint Patrick's Day 2006, which was the 100th anniversary of the parish's dedication. The altar had recently been salvaged from a country parish in Iowa that was getting rid of it -- pretty cool, though, isn't it?"

Even the low altar is very beautiful, but the high altar there (even without but especially with the statue of St. Patrick) is simply astonishing. Oh, and I like the bishop...he's definitely a keeper. Oh hell, I wish I could just have the whole deal airlifted to my place.

|